Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
RECIPE NOTES: Each box of risotto contains a seasoning packet, but you’ll need only one for this recipe; save the other for flavoring soup stock or another grain dish. If boxed Creamy Parmesan Risotto isn’t available, purchase two regular-flavor risotto boxes; use 2 tablespoons butter instead of 1 tablespoon olive oil in step 2, and stir in ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese in step 3.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ cup thinly sliced leeks (half-moon slices), rinsed thoroughly
- 8 ounces sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 boxes Lundberg Organic Risotto Creamy Parmesan (flavor packets removed)
- 2 cups So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Beverage, Original
- 3 cups warm water
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- In a heavy, 2-quart saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks and cook for 1 minute, until softened. Add mushrooms and cook for 2–3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon oil and Lundberg Organic Risotto rice. Add coconut milk beverage, water and one pouch of risotto seasoning (save second pouch for another use). Stir, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, uncovered, for 18–22 minutes.
- Stir in spinach. Serve immediately, garnished with grated Parmesan if desired.
PER SERVING: 437 cal, 7g fat (5g mono, 1g poly, 1g sat), 0mg chol, 494mg sodium, 72g carb (3g fiber, 11g sugars), 9g protein
Thai Coconut Chicken Wraps
RECIPE NOTES: Chicken tenders may be larger than strips, so slice if needed. If you can’t find Thai coconut curry hummus, buy regular hummus and add dried coconut, curry powder and garlic powder to taste. If you like, you can substitute 1 tablespoon coconut oil and 1½ tablespoons water for the coconut milk. These wraps should be served immediately.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil, such as avocado oil
- ¾ pound chicken strips or chicken tenders, sliced to equal thinness
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ cup Hope Thai Coconut Curry Hummus
- 3-4 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk (shake can before measuring)
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup almond butter, peanut butter or tahini
- 4 Nuco Turmeric Coconut Wraps (or another gluten-free wrap of your choice)
- ½ red bell pepper (cut into matchsticks)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Handful of fresh Thai basil, basil, mint or cilantro
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken (don’t crowd the pieces) and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 3–6 minutes per side, until cooked through. Add honey and stir to coat; cook on low heat for another minute. Set aside.
- In a blender, blend hummus, 3 tablespoons coconut milk, lime juice, and nut butter or tahini until smooth. If too thick, add 1 more tablespoon coconut milk. Set aside. (Makes 1½ cups.)
- To assemble, spread 2 tablespoons of hummus sauce along one end of a wrap, leaving a 1½-inch border on either side. Top sauce with one-fourth of the chicken strips and 4–5 bell pepper pieces. Top with ½ cup spinach and a few leaves of fresh herbs of your choice. Fold in side edges of wrap; then roll wrap away from you until contents are fully enclosed.
- Repeat process with remaining ingredients. Slice in half or into rounds, and serve with remaining sauce for dipping.
PER SERVING: 375 cal, 22g fat (9g mono, 4g poly, 9g sat), 49mg chol, 155mg sodium, 16g carb (8g fiber, 5g sugars), 26g protein